Irrigation System in the “Montedoglio” district
Preliminary and Final Design
Safety Plan during Design Phase
Assistance during Work Supervision
Geological, Hydrological, Agronomic and Geopedologic Studies and Mathematical Modelling of the Networks
Provincia di Arezzo
(Provincial authority of Arezzo)
The irrigation network designed within this assignment serves the Montedoglio district in Val di Chiana (Tuscany) and covers an area of 24.6 km2 mainly vineyard. The mathematical model EPANET was used to design and dimension the hydraulic system.
In addition to the definition of the technical and quality characteristics of the irrigation network, the following surveys and investigation were carried out: geological, hydrological, agronomic and geopedological studies, underground investigations to evaluate possible interference with other underground utilities.
The assignment foresees the following:
- main newtork (4.4 km, Cast iron, diameter: 500÷800 mm) to link the district to the main feeding pipeline;
- a secondary network (22.9km, Cast iron, diameter: 400÷600mm e 19.8km: PVC PN16, diameter: 200÷315mm) to link the main newtork to the irrigation subdistricts;
- a subsidiary network (93.7 km, PVC PN16, diameter: DN110÷160 mm) to feed end-users;
- A SCADA system is used to centralize real-time information and control the electro-devices;
- construction a compensation basin.