Using the past to work
towards a future of innovation
ABOUT US / OUR HISTORY
One hundred years of history placed Studio Altieri in the forefront in the field of housebuilding, healthcare, hydraulics, maritime works and of environmental engineering. The company plays an important role in the field of the engineering in Italy since 1898, when Eng. Vittorio Altieri founded the “Studio Tecnico Altieri”. Time passed since the first hospital project was signed by Altieri in 1916 during the First World War.
The company experience increased from a 150 m2 hospital, with only an operating room and a room for the refuge of the corpse, to Confortini Surgical Pole in Verona (that with 33 operating rooms is the greatest European Surgical Centre) to Etlik Integrated Health Campus that with 3,650 beds and 1,050,000 m2 is positioned among the most imposing European hospital structures.
Studio Altieri has today a thorough profile and is in the position to provide any service in the field of architecture, structural and infrastructural engineering, MEP, hydraulic and environmental engineering together with the management services, optimized following the merge with SVEI S.p.A. on 2013.
In the Healthcare sector Studio Altieri innovation has been constantly focused in rebalancing the hospital, seen as an high-tech machine for the care of patients, with quality of interior and outdoor spaces, of green space and lighting of which a typical example is the New Hospital of Mestre opened in 2008.
In the Hydraulic field, Studio Altieri signed the first project in Italy involving the digging of acqueduct tunnels with self-propelled cutter (Rovereto, 1982), the laying of sewerage pipelines in large urban context without excavation (600 m, in dia. 1400 mm in Mestre, 1995), the threading of long underground pipelines adduction with the technique of remote controlled drilling (940, in dia. 200 mm under the Mouth of Malamocco, Venice, 1999).
In environmental engineering Studio Altieri anticipated technical solutions, e.g. for the Fusina Integrated Project (2003) which allocated all urban waste water for the reuse industry, with technology and natural processing, the bio-treatment centre in Camposampietro (1998) converting organic waste, livestock manure and sewerage water into energym water for irrigation and compost for agriculture, the biological and membrane systems of Cittadella (2003) and Lessina (2002).